How is stage management like saving the world?
- You emerge from the darkness, attired all in black, to cries of “Thank God you’re here!!!”
- With great power comes great responsibility.
- The uncanny ability to be in several places at once. (Holy Headsets, Stage Hand! That SM moves FAST!)
- Everyone’s in awe of your superskills – they want you on their side. But if you’re not the nicest saviour to be around, you might just get dubbed a supervillain. Damn those ungrateful peons!!!
- Brilliant enough to rule the world, but content to just keep the lights on and let others keep the glory.
- The toughest missions involve animals & children.
- Don’t ask for miracles unless you’re okay with Super Stage Manager reeeeally loving to hide out in that “lair”…er, tech booth.
- There can be only one.
- Kickass gadgets are an essential part of the process.
- Lest we forget the clever sidekick who dresses to match.
- No one would suspect this quirky technical genius goes out every night and stays out until the wee hours, bringing order to chaos in our fair city…
- It’s clearly not about the money.
Dedicated to Annie Jang, Stage Managing mastermind presiding over [un]BOX[ed].